i like trivias and useless fun facts. gian used to be annoyed with my constant "gi, did you know that...", kaiser would just laugh at me and say "really? where'd you get that?", and melvin would say "here you go again with your 'did you know-s' hehehehe". so far, these are the only guy friends i have who can tolerate my kiddy mode, melvin especially. my other friends would just ignore me or change the topic. but nonetheless, i still look up for little facts everywhere and pester my friends with them. hehehehe.
currently, i am enjoying a break from the madness and information overload my pedagogies requirements are shoting me. which is why i am posting some of the fun little trivias i have found moments ago while tottering the worldwide web. it's good to unwind this way, i can get away with what is stressing me at the same time learn something new, no matter how useless or senseless they seem to be :)
DID YOU KNOW?
Apples are more effective at keeping people awake in the morning than caffeine.
Every time you lick a stamp you gain 1/10 of a calorie.
Yams have 10 times more vitamin C than sweet potatoes.
Tablecloths were originally meant to be served as towels with which dinner guests could wipe their hands and faces after eating.
Tourists visiting Iceland should know that tipping at a restaurant is considered an insult.
During your lifetime, you'll eat about 60,000 pounds of food, that's the weight of about 6 elephants.
Dolphins sleep with one eye open.
A sneeze travels out your mouth at over 100 m.p.h.
Fingernails grow nearly 4 times faster than toenails.
A goldfish has a memory span of about 3 seconds.
Pinocchio is Italian for "pine head."
Great Britain was the first county to issue postage stamps. Hence, the postage stamps of Britain are the only stamps in the world not to bear the name of the country of origin.
Donald Duck comics were banned from Finland because he doesn't wear pants.
because lately i have been preoccupied with both essential and nonessential brainers, there are few things i miss.
1) wandering around bookstores hunting for a new read.
2) wasting time away at starbucks with friends, doing and worrying about absolutely nothing. just enjoying each other's company, sharing aimless talks and letting time pass us by. coffee times --- starbucks moments, i miss thee :(
3) dancing, haha! i used to dance a lot. as in a lot. i used to dance to music when i'm alone in my room. i used to be part of the cheerleading team in high school. i used to dance ballroom dances with my mum at home. i danced for school programs back in elementary. i danced in PE classes. i used to dance in clubs and pubs whenever my friends and i are in clubbing mode --- usually when depressed or stressed out. i really haven't had the idea of grabbing the chance to dance while alone in the pad lately. hhmmm ... maybe i will, when i'm not too tired.
4) i'm not really fond of alcoholic beverages. i don't drink beer, just cocktails. i haven't had any since may of last year. almost a year already. i miss my favorite yummy margarita. i miss it!
5) lastly, i miss ... having somebody to hug and give my big hug to. is anyone giving away free hugs??? sana may free hugs dito hehehehe.
ADVANCE HAPPY VALENTINES EVERYONE !!!