Jan 22, 2010

What's up

For the past few months, I have been living a life similar to that of a hermit's. Well, not only me, but a few friends as well. Because the world is dumping so many tasks, issues and ects on our shoulders, we have found a little refuge on spending the morsel of time left in our own bubble. The equation has been like that since, I think, the last half of 2009.


The world has seen less of me. I haven't been in public for quite some time now, and frankly, I enjoyed the time and space I have given myself. But, no matter how much I enjoyed "me" time, I owe so much to a lot of people. And, I think, I owe myself as much. With that said, I am slowly breaking the recluse.


I wasn't around the Sinulog '10 mardi gras. So when I came back to Cebu, I was compelled to go out and chill, study, eat, and karaoke with a few friends. It marked my turning point.


Because, as I said, I was on invisible mode for a couple of months, many have been wondering what I'm currently up to. In a nutshell, and in random they are:


a) Doctorate studies - This is the culprit of my social absence. It has been stressing me out since day one. I am almost halfway done, and I really hope I finish. After this, I will be rewarding my self with a long vacation --- I do think I deserve it.

b) Family stuff - I've been running countless errands for the family lately, hence the recent travels. I'm proud to say that I'm doing quite well in being my parents' partner in keeping everyone, and every concern in the family organized. :)

c) State board - Yes, I am reviewing for another licensure exam. Though I've just started, it would be such a treat if I get to take and pass before the year ends. My parents have decided to send me off to another country for such, the idea of travel is making me all giddy and thrilled! :D


d) Asian tour - I'm having my passport prepared! The details are still in the works but I'm super excited!!! Who doesn't love to travel? :P


That's quite about it. The reason why I haven't been in touch with the rest of the world in a while is because of these. A and C are weights I am trying to juggle with as much finesse and dexterity. It's quite a life, but I'm pulling things together and doing what I can to stitch loose ends. Sometimes I lose balance and suffer defeat. But the light at the end of the tunnel is what comforts and keeps me going.


I leave you with my 2010 motto (courtesy of Mark Gosingtian). Have a great day ahead! :D